Mar 25, 2011

More Plants Again!

A few days into budding, the flowers of my choy sum is fully bloomed. Amazingly, it does have a very sweet fragrance.
choy sum flower
Choy Sum Flower

Impatiens balsamina, common name rose balsam or garden balsam, is a very beautiful plant with very showy flowers. It is also known as Touch Me Not, as the matured seed pods will explode when touched, spreading the seeds. This cultivar has a very nice blend of colours.
Impatiens balsamina
Touch Me Not

Since I can't eat this potato anymore after it germinated in my kitchen, I decided to plant it so that I can get some potato leaves to fight the invading ants. It seems to be growing quite well. Who knows if one day, war erupts and I have my own supply of food during emergency. :P
Potato plant
Potato

This is no lemon tree but it is lemon grass. Lemongrass is a very popular herb used in cooking in south east Asia. It took me quite some time to learn how to grow one. Hopefully this one will grow up and mature healthily.
Lemongrass
Lemongrass

Having a neighbour who gardens as well, I get to snap his plants too. This is the flowers of star fruit.
Star fruit flowers
Star Fruit Flower

Roses have a subtle but sweet fragrance that can make one feels very much in love.
Rose shoot
Rose Shoot

Rose shoot with flower bud
Rose Shoot with Flower Bud

Rose shoot with flower bud
Rose Shoot with Flower Bud - Focused

No comments:

Post a Comment