Apr 17, 2011

Basil Flower

Just a few months, my basil plant is now flowering. I read that we shouldn't let basil flower so that the taste will be better. However, I only pinched off the flower for one of my two bigger basil plants. I would like to let one flower and make some comparison. In addition to that, propagating basil proves to be very easy. Now, I am assured of constant supply of basil for myself.
Basil Flower
Basil Flower

In addition to that, my butterfly peas in pot are finally flowering after many failures in flowering. It seems like I have given them too small a pot that whenever the weather heats up a bit, they will begin to dry up and wilt. So, they will drop off all the flowers in favour of survival. This flowering resulted after I moved the pot further into the house, reducing amount of direct sunlight. However, they are still occasionally suffering from dryness. Hopefully, I can care for them well enough to bear me some seeds to propagate more of the plant.
Butterfly Pea (Clitoria ternatea) Flower
Butterfly Pea Flower

No comments:

Post a Comment